Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Beauty Meets Passion


This is a beautiful message. I am sharing it because I think it is very important that us women see that NO ONE is "perfect". We all have flaws, imperfections, and things we do not necessarily like about ourselves. This message spoke to me that I should love my self and my body. The good and not-so-good. There is no one else like me. That is what makes each of us unique. Each of us an individual.

I realize that society portrays this "ideal" self image of being super duper skinny, starving yourself or using diet pills to get there, and sending the message that this is raw beauty. I'll be the first to tell you, it's not! Beauty is inside each of us. We just have to be willing to see that.

A little bit ago, I had this realization about my life and things that I am passionate about. The tiny thought sort of snowballed over the morning, into something much deeper than I expected. It went a little something like this. Every one of us is passionate about something. Your career, children, education, family, friends, art, music, photography, using your skills and talents to style other people's hair, writing, helping people, health/fitness, and the list could go on. Then a thought popped into my head... something that I have never thought about before. We all share what we are passionate about with our families, friends, and people we meet along the way. We do this because we believe so highly about our passions that we want other people to believe in them and embrace them, too!

This brings me to my next thought. It is very obvious by now that I love health and fitness. Do I love to workout every day? NO! But I do it, because I know it will keep me healthy. Do I love to pass up that second piece of cake EVERY time?! Absolutely not. But I know that my body is fueled on nutritious foods more than processed, so I pick and choose my "happy" meals (aka. cheat meals). Am I saying you can't indulge ever? No way! Moderation is key. In fact... I had that second piece of cake at my niece's birthday party last night. It was delicious! Though, I will not be making a habit of it.

There are times when I feel people misconstrue my passion for living a healthy lifestyle, with pushing people to meet that unrealistic "ideal" image. As I have said many times before... no two people are the same. That's what is so beautiful about life. We each have our own individual personalities, attractions, favorite parts of ourselves, and flaws. That is why I promote HEALTH... not just weight loss. I promote FITNESS. Not a certain jean size. Most of all, I promote the opportunity for each and every one of you to live your best lives. Full of happiness and love for yourself and others. Never let anyone tell you you're not good enough, beautiful enough, or "skinny" enough. Love yourself, because you are worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment