Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

My [SECRET] Journey to a Healthy Lifestyle

For as long as I could remember, I looked in the mirror and thought I was not worthy of looking any better physically, than I did that day. Working out was a chore. It was something that could would not ever be enjoyable to me... or so I thought. It stayed that way for a long time. I avoided fitted clothes like the plague, I snacked all day long - think ice cream, sweets, etc. - then regretted it and would vow the next day would consist of nothing but fruits and vegetables. Only to fall into the same trap day after day. It was a vicious roller coaster.

I was never "overweight" according to Doctor's standards, but to myself and the way society portrayed beauty... I could stand to lose a few pounds. I was what some might call "skinny fat". I needed to tone up, but was too lazy to do anything about it. In college, I would cycle working out and eating healthy, with binge drinking and late night fast food. I was sabotaging my body and the work I put in during those dreaded workouts.

Years went by. From my mid-teen years up until a year or so ago, I found myself mortified at the site of my body in anything other than sweats and t-shirts. I have NEVER admitted this to anyone, but it only seems fair to let society know my true self... Whenever I had to be in a bathing suit or around a lot of people - and especially in public where I had all the wrong ideas, and compared myself to every girl that walked by - I would suck in and tighten my stomach to look smaller. Say What?! ... Yes, I was embarrassed about how people would view "the real me." Do you know how that feels? Can you relate to this story? It is so sad that we feel the need to look down on ourselves and judge our own bodies by what we see around us, and in the media. That is when I realized it was only me who had the power to change my perception of myself.

(become a Beachbody coach to help people just like you, by clicking the link above)


Finally, enough was ENOUGH! Around June of this year, I decided to dive right in. I bought the Beachbody program Focus T25, and was terrified to try it. I will admit that first week took everything I had not to scream "I Give Up!" And, I am SO glad I didn't. This has been one of the best journey's I have ever been on. The perception I have of myself, and the positive physical and mental changes my body has gone through are worth every penny, every minute. And every day I push play, I am thankful to myself for making this decision.


If you are looking to make a change in your body and increase your energy and endurance, please email me at GetFitElle@beachbodycoach.com. I would love to be your coach and help you on a journey to a healthier you.

No comments:

Post a Comment