Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Recipe of the Day: Vegetable Egg Cups

Good Morning!

Who can relate to It's always nice not to stress over what you're going to eat for every meal. I am not a pro at meal prep (yet!), but I am working on becoming better at it. With a tight budget, it's a huge hit to always eat out. So, yesterday I whipped up these delicious egg cups for a quick, nutritious breakfast on-the-go. I literally did this in less than 30 minutes (including chopping up the veggies), in between my workout, a shower, and getting ready for work!

I am a huge fan of quick and easy recipes since we always seem to be on-the-go or time just flies by and before we know it, it's 7:30pm and we have yet to eat dinner. These following recipe will surely be a staple in my diet.

Note: I switched up the recipe a bit and added in chopped kale and cilantro, in addition to the red pepper and mushrooms. You can really use any variety of veggies that appeal to you. I even topped mine with salsa, Cholula, and avocado when it was time to eat.

get your copy of the Fixate Cookbook with more amazing recipes, here.

Vegetable Egg Cups.
Serves 6 (2 each)
*for all my fellow Fixers: 2 egg cups equal 1 red container

What You'll Need:
Nonstick Cooking Spray (I used coconut oil spray)
12 Large Eggs
Salt and Pepper to taste (I used a dash of pepper and Himalayan salt)
1 Cup Chopped Mushrooms
1 Medium Red Bell Pepper, finely chopped
2 Green Onions, thinly sliced (I didn't have these on hand, so I substituted. see note above)
Salsa (optional)

Recipe:
1. Heat Oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Lightly coat a twelve-cup muffin tin with spray. (My egg cups stuck to the pan a bit once cooked. I'd suggest using a little extra to save you time scrubbing the tin afterwards. It took me a solid 20 minutes to get that thing clean!)
3. Place eggs in a large bowl; whisk to blend. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
4. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, and green onions (or whatever combination of veggies you'll be using); mix well.
5. Evenly pour egg mixture into muffin tins.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Top each egg with salsa, if desired.

Tip: be sure not to overload the egg cups with veggies. I'm not saying skimp on them, but mine seemed to overtake the amount of egg and didn't set quite right when cooked. The bottoms fell apart really easy, while the top seemed to be where most of the egg sat.

If you try this recipe out, let me know if you enjoyed it, in the comments below!

Have a great day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment