Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Whatever Is Meant To Be... Will Be.

I just got the results from an exam in nursing school that I was so STRESSED OUT and sick to my stomach over... and I PASSED!!!

I am not posting this to brag, but because this semester has given me a run for my money. Hours of studying, long days of early mornings and late nights. Last week, I felt like I hit rock bottom. Defeated. I cried every single day, and was sure that my future in nursing was done. I even went so far as to make a list of back up career options, as a "just in case".

Being 28 years old, living at home, and barely being able to work due to the demands of school is tough. Throw in the possibility of all your hard work, thousands of dollars in student loans, and your future career path thrown down the drain... and it's a recipe for feeling pretty lost.

Some may think that is a bit dramatic, but I will say that to date, my track record on exams has been just below the percentage mark we need. It's embarrassing and disheartening to keep falling short, time after time.

Especially when I KNOW I will make a great nurse!

However, something changed the other day. I was sitting at a stoplight, and had an "a-ha" moment. I realized how silly I was being for focusing on the worst possible outcome. I've come way too far to turn back now. I decided to change my outlook, pick myself up, and give it my absolute best. A few tears of exhaustion later, my hard work finally shined through!

It just goes to show that when you want something bad enough, you will do your absolute best knowing you couldn't have possible done any more. If the end result is meant to be, it will be.



No comments:

Post a Comment